Job Opportunity – Associate
Marchmont Communications is a strategic communications agency whose clients engage in many of the world’s most pressing international development debates – from sustainable agriculture, nutrition and water management to climate change, public health, inclusive finance, energy and innovation.
We are growing our team and are looking to recruit an associate to support on all aspects of the work we deliver:
- Strategic communications
- Media relations
- Message development
- Advocacy campaigns & events
- Research & writing
- Web, video & graphic design
- Social media
- Engagement and training workshops
In practice, this means that we are looking for a candidate who is:
- Expressive – writing and communicating confidently and convincingly to a whole range of audiences
- Business-minded – being accountable, responsive and results-oriented for our clients and to each other
- Analytical – understanding how the world works, but staying open to possibilities for how progress happens
- Creative – finding story angles and creating content that make our clients’ stories come to life
In short, we are looking for someone exceptional, who is interested in advancing their career, working hard, gaining loads of experience and having fun along the way. We’re a small team, and our people are our greatest asset.
- Location: preferably London, but open to other locations whose time zones overlap with UK time at least partially. (We cannot provide work visas.)
- Work experience: probably 3-5 years in a similar role, but we are very open to exceptional candidates with more/less experience or with unconventional but relevant backgrounds
- Education: a university degree or higher, preferably in a relevant field (politics, economics, international relations, communications, PR)
- Salary: commensurate with your ability to deliver and secure first-class client work for the company
To apply, please submit a CV and covering email explaining why you are interested in working with us. These can be sent to email@example.com no later than Friday, 9 February 2018, noting “Application: Associate Role” in the subject line.